I am Dr. Arpitha Komanapalli and I am glad you are watching this video.
In this video I will be talking about 7 ways to reduce and prevent hair fall.
Hair is made up of a protein called Keratin that is produced in hair follicles. As follicles produce new hair cells old cells are being pushed our through the skin and the rate of about 6 inches per year. An average adult head has 1,00,000 to 1,50,000 hairs and looses around 50-100 hairs each day. Your hair provides precise information about your health. As hair cells are one of the fastest growing in the human body, loosing hair can be an alarming sign.
Here are 7 ways to reduce and prevent hair loss:
1. Rule out medications – Certain medications lead to hair loss. If you are currently on a medication that lists hair loss as a side effect, try to find an alternative medication. Drugs used to treat cancer, depression, heart problems, arthritis, high blood pressure commonly lead to hair loss.
2. Balancing your hormones – Most common cause of hair loss for men and women is a hereditary condition in which hormones cause hair loss in a particular pattern. In such cases handling your hair gently with all natural hair products can help slow the progression of the hair loss. Some hormone changes are temporary in cases of pregnancy and menopause. Hair loss resulting from these conditions is imbalance of hormones like thyroid or PCOS they will have to be balanced. temporary however if you have an ongoing
3. Stress – Hair loss can result from physical or mental shock and ongoing stress. By decreasing your daily stress you can have a direct impact on the health of your hair. Taking steps to combat stress, getting enough sleep and exercise reduce stress and encourage good circulation which promotes healthy hair growth.
4. Hair management – Avoid hair products that contain harsh chemicals that are hard on the scalp and hair. Use shampoos that do not contain sulphates or alcohol. Let your hair air dry as often as possible, this will help promote new hair growth. Avoid any type of hot styling tool to style your hair. Avoid tight braids, and any pulled back hair styles as they can cause the hair to be pulled out easily.
5. Hair Massage – A good hair massage will stimulate blood flow to the scalp. Getting a head massage stimulates hair follicles and also helps your feel relaxed. Try to use coconut, olive or almond oil for best results.
6. Cold showers – Hot water dehydrates hair strands leading to dry brittle hair and hair fall. A low temperature helps preserve moisture which helps in the health of your hair. So avoid hot showers that can dehydrate hair making it thinner and more prone to thinning.
7. Improve your diet – A whole food, nutrient rich diet is crucial to support healthy hair growth. Consume foods high in protein, iron rich vegetables, biotin and zinc rich foods. Avoid transfats, sugars, processed foods, alcohol and caffeine. Eating more protein will help in the health of your hair as it is one of the building blocks of your hair. Your body needs omega-3 fatty acids to create new hair. Vitamin A and C are important to maintain the health of your scalp which is essential for hair growth. Zinc and iron deficiencies is linked with hair loss. Biotin is a B vitamin that is required for healthy hair, skin and nails.
I hope you will be able to start taking steps to improve the health of your hair.
Here is a scripture to meditate on..
“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.” – Jeremiah 29:11
As always thank you for watching and sharing it with your friends and family!
+how to reduce hair fall
+how to prevent hair fall
+how to reduce hair fall for women naturally
+how to avoid hair fall
+reduce hair fall
+how to stop hair fall